In a Nutshell
We know you’re busy. So here’s the essential information about the 6med UKCAT Crash Course.
1. It’s a one-day course, which runs from 10am – 6pm most weekends from June – September each year. Most of our courses are in London, but we travel to other major cities too. See our dates and venues.
2. Each class has around 30 students, with 2 instructors who are medical students at some of the top universities in the country. The course is priced at £109 per student. See our reviews.
3. Each student gets a copy of our 300-page A4 course book, 2 free mock exams, and discounted access to our revision notes and practice questions on UKCAT Ninja, our online UKCAT preparation tool. See samples of our materials.
4. We spend around 1.5 hours on each of the 4 main UKCAT sections (Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning and Decision Making), with a primer on Situational Judgment at the end. Around 30 mins is spent going over strategy and technique, and an hour is spent on doing timed practice questions in an interactive fashion. See course details & timetable.
5. Our experienced instructors make absolutely sure that everyone is clear with how to tackle the questions using the best strategies, and are available by phone and email after the course to offer help when needed.
6. We’ve been running these courses for the last 4 years and have taught over 5,000 students. Check out our Reviews page to see what some of them had to say. We also run courses for the BMAT and Interviews, if either of those tickle your fancy.
“I’d just like to say that I found the UKCAT Crash course that you organised incredibly informative and engaging. You were both jovial, approachable and very competent throughout the entire event. Since the course, the UKCAT Crash Course handbook has been my bible and I have been utilising many of the techniques that you taught us, and my marks have significantly improved!!”
We’ll teach you the best tried and tested strategies and techniques for getting through each section as quickly and accurately as possible.
We have lots of exam-like questions with detailed solutions and support from our instructors to help you apply and internalize our strategies.
Our 300-page course handbook contains advanced techniques, tips from high scorers, lots of questions and much more.
Tips & Tricks
Top performers, many scoring well above 800, share their best advice for preparation, practice and the exam itself. We’ve done all the hard work for you in putting together the best strategies and time-saving principles you’ll want to have for test-day.
All our instructors are recruited from top medical schools and all high scorers on the UKCAT. We have an extremely competitive application process, so you can rest assured they’ve all got tonnes of teaching experience and will look after you.
Personal Support & Widening Participation
Our team of medical students are always happy to help with anything, from tricky UKCAT questions to personal statements and interview advice. We’ll be sticking around all the way until you get your offer. And if you can’t afford to come on our course, just pop us an email for a full bursary.
“My advice to any UKCAT candidate is to attend one of these courses! I was really struggling with my whole UKCAT preparation, and had entered the panic stage where I was so stressed out about everything. On the course everything I couldn’t do was explained so well, with examples and questions to practice on. The tutors had prepared a booklet of notes and questions for us to take home as well, which meant that we could go over everything again at home. The tutors themselves were really friendly and knowledgeable, and were happy to help, and to slow down and recap things that people weren’t sure of. Overall it was a really great experience and helped me to achieve a score of 747.5 in the 2014-2015 cycle.”
Everyone who attends the course gets a free copy of our UKCAT Strategy Guide, which contains general advice about the UKCAT, dedicated chapters for each of the five sections, and example questions that we’ll go through on the day to illustrate the techniques you’ll be taught.
UKCAT Crash Course Handbook
The 300-page A4 book we’ve previously produced was a masterpiece (or so our students thought). We’re updating it for 2019 to include even more tips, tricks and practice questions to make it even better value for money. For an idea of what the book contains, check out the Course Materials page. Or alternatively, you can visit our our Reviews page to see what some of our students had to say about it.
I attended the UKCAT Crash Course you held at Imperial this year and you asked us to let you know how we got on. I took my UKCAT today and was absolutely over the moon with 2940 and Band 1 and this really was so much down to the course I attended, so I just wanted to say thank you so much. The best part about UKCAT Crash Course is the massive and incredibly personal booklet you get given. Unlike other UKCAT books, there’s a voice behind the words written so it makes you feel like you are being guided through how to go about answering the question, even weeks after you’ve done the course! You’re also just really nice people and the way in which you teach is so good at keeping the room engaged because it’s non-stop flipping between learning from you and then applying the knowledge to the question in the timed 2 minutes before we move on. I found DA and SJT the most useful to be taught by you, as both are very difficult to teach yourself. I also went on a BMAT Crash Course, and that was just as helpful, so just my BMAT to come now! Thank you so much, as you really brought out the best in me.
– Remi (sent by email)
UKCAT Preparation Articles
Our website contains a number of free articles written by a variety of medical students who scored exceptionally high on the UKCAT. We’ll be adding more as time progresses, so do check back every now and again to see what’s new. Even if you’re not attending the course, we’d recommend reading through some of the articles – they’ll definitely help you in your UKCAT preparation efforts!
Dates and Locations
We’ll be running the UKCAT Crash Courses in major cities across the UK in June, July, August and September 2019. Last year, every course sold out and we had over a hundred students on the waiting list for the final one!See our 2019 Dates & Locations
Singapore and Malaysia
We’ve been running our BMAT Crash Courses in Singapore for the past two years. Having received several emails from Malaysian students asking about a similar UKCAT course, we’d like to set one of those up too. We’re still working out the logistics, but if you’re a student in Singapore/ Malaysia and would like to know when we’ve got more information, please join our mailing list below.
We’re a team of medical students who set up this company (6med) to disrupt a market dominated by exploitative corporations. Over the past 4 years, we’ve taught over 5,000 students, and we’re expanding further this year to reach an even wider audience. Our mission is simple – to provide the most effective yet most affordable preparation courses in the world.Learn MoreMeet the team